Donate to Yakima Pride
Yakima Pride operates solely thru fundraising, sponsorships and donations. Every dollar that is donated is invested right back into the community. Donations, and sponsorships from people like you ensure that the events and services provided by Yakima Pride are made possible year round. Yakima Pride is a non-profit organization and is recognized under the Federal Tax Code as a 501(c)(3) organization, which means that your contributions are tax deductible.
In addition to putting on Yakima's largest LGBT event, Yakima Pride delivers vital LGBTQ+ community-focused education, advocacy, and organizing year-round. Our programs help build community for youth, seniors, women, communities of color, and others while building LGBTQ+ leadership capacity. Without the generous support of our donors, and allies these events would not be able to be provided to the community.
How to donate?
There are many ways to donate to the organization. From time to time we may run special fund raising campaigns to support a current initiative or need, and we will post them on our website as well as our Facebook page. If you have any other ideas or thoughts please feel free to share them with us, as we are always open to finding new ways to raise the donation funds.
Donating by Mail
If you would like to mail a donation to Yakima Pride, please send your donation payable to Yakima Pride to the following address:
112 S. 3rd Street
PO Box 1171
Yakima, WA 98901
We can accept Checks*, Money Orders*, or Cashier’s Checks*. Yakima Pride strongly recommends that you do not send cash. Your cleared check may be used as your donation receipt.
Yakima Pride’s Philanthropic Values Statement
Yakima Pride strives to one day be one of the most philanthropic pride celebrations in central Washington. With funds raised through annual festival revenue, grants, and through the generosity of dedicated donors we seek to advance our mission to foster pride, equality, and respect for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities locally and nationally, and globally. We have funded not only our own education and advocacy programming but also contributed to LGBTQ-serving programming that seeks to strengthen the LGBTQ community.
At Yakima Pride, we have committed to:
- Distinguishing Yakima Pride as an organization that is worthy of investment of time, talent, and resources by volunteers, performers, community members, foundations and corporations.
- Pursuing our mission for justice with joy, and a commitment to our vision of a world free of prejudice and bias. We believe that philanthropic engagement is critical to achieving both our mission and vision.
- Conducting our business with the highest degree of integrity, following current best practices in fundraising.
- Engaging our community in our programs as volunteers, artists and performers, advocates, and donors.
- Articulating the stories of our impact both verbally and in collateral materials with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Creating valuable connections by being responsive to volunteers, attendees, advocates and donors in providing information about our programming.
- Conveying authentic appreciation to our donors throughout the year. Acknowledging donations promptly and appropriately.
- Valuing the involvement of all our patrons through benefits and stewardship to attract and retain them.
- Remaining current on local, national, and global trends in philanthropy and nimbly respond to challenges and opportunities in our environment.
- Engaging our board members and volunteers in ways that encourage their participation and involvement in the development process.