For many teens the prom is the epitome of their high school experience. But for students who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/or queer, it can be a challenge to feel like they belong. Yakima Pride decided to start a new annual tradition called, "The Rainbow Prom", where attending LGBTQ+ youth are welcome and safe to be fully themselves.
Rainbow Prom 2019
Rainbow Prom 2019 is Sponsored By:
- Planned Parenthood of Greater Washington & North Idaho's Healthy Youth Collaborative
- Tom Trepanier & Craig Wilson of Yakima, Washington.
May 16th, 2019
Time: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Yakima Valley Museum
Centennial Hall Ballroom
2105 Tieton Drive
Yakima, WA 98902
Music Provided By:
- $5 Donation Presale / $10 at the Door
- For Ages 15-24
- Beverages & Snacks provided by Planned Parenthood.
- Meet other people in the LGBTQ+ community!
- Learn about LGBTQ+ resources in Yakima.
- More cool details coming soon!